Although SEO (especially ecommerce SEO) is no short-term endeavor, there are some vital tips and strategies that you can absorb and implement rather quickly. Some SEO tips may take time to come to fruition, whereas others can lend to fast outcomes. Among this list of ten, we’re sure that you’ll find a few opportunities. Check out these quick SEO tips for ecommerce sites and online retailers below.
1. If you that you’re products are seasonal, then are you prepared far enough in advance? Remember that if you’re running an ecommerce SEO campaign that it can take 3-6 months for new products or pages to be indexed, and start to rank well.
2. Don’t forget to plan ahead for events or times of year. How can you make the most of SEO given your times of year on company events? Beyond SEO, how else can you make your products and services more appealing on your website at different times of the year?
3. By offering what your visitors want and what your customers expect, you can expect more sales, and encourage repeat visitors. What else can you do to ensure that people return to your website, or spend more time or money with you?
4. Don’t forget to include competitor analysis as part of your ecommerce SEO research. You’ll want to know what other sites are doing, and see what other companies in other sectors or industries are doing that you can do too.
5. Ensure that you’re tracking progress and making good use of your website analytics, so that you know what works and what doesn’t. There’s no point in spending time or resources on ecommerce SEO strategies that aren’t bringing traffic or links to your site.
6. Why not offer something different to your visitors? How could you offer them an additional incentive for buying today, or for spending more, or for downloading and listening to all of your podcasts? See more creative ideas like this from professional ecommerce SEO company Click Centric SEO.
7. Do your online efforts complement your offline activities? Are all departments in your company working together to make sure that your website is successful? Are visitors encouraged to ring you, or visit your store if they would prefer, or can they only buy online?
8. Don’t be afraid to ask your visitors for their opinions or ideas. You’ll find out what sort of things they want and expect, and maybe see if there are any inadvertent barriers in place that are stopping people from converting. Perhaps your checkout process is too long, or your newsletter doesn’t provide enough information, or your colour scheme isn’t to everyone’s taste.
9. You’ll want to keep your website updated and active. Ensure that your news and offers are current and relevant, and that you add content on a regular basis, so that you’ll give visitors and search engines a reason to come back. This will also help your ecommerce SEO.
10. Don’t be afraid of change. If your customers don’t like something, and they offer an alternative, then why not try it? If you can offer a new product or service for your customers, based on what they’ve said they want, then why wouldn’t you?
If you want your website to be a success with ecommerce SEO, then you’ll want to give it the attention and resources it needs to drive traffic to your site and ensure that visitors take the action you want them to take, such as signing up for your newsletter, or buying your products. Now that you know how you can ensure that you’re providing the services and products your target audience want, your website and ecommerce SEO efforts will better actualize in shorter time.